Music and the Arts and their Role in Culture, Personality, and Education
The understanding that music takes a role in building culture – for the individual, communities, and for humanity – and that music offers a gateway for creating tastes, interests, and future learning pursuits.
Through Ethan’s Music Room, children will learn that music and the arts help shape our cultures, personalities, individuality, education, and interests. Understanding that the nature of music and the arts is to provide an outlet for personal expression, communication, and individuality, children will:
- Recognize the importance of self-discipline and persistence in learning a new skill through music and the arts, and how musicians and artists master their craft through practice and dedication.
- Recognize that music and the arts are a form of communication, and understand the importance of diverse communication in the 21st century.
- Understand that music and the arts offer learned skills for personal and future academic and professional enrichment.
- Understand that music and the arts provide a means for individuals to collaborate and connect with others in an inclusive environment as they create, prepare, and share their craft.
- How to interpret music and the arts to find the meaning and message within the artist’s medium.