- Watch with your child! During viewing, talk with your child about what’s happening on screen. Ask questions to support their comprehension.
- Play “I-Spy” - Who can spot the instruments in the background?
- Reinforce your child’s learning by encouraging them to engage with music. For example: Have them clap along with the radio or create a rain stick from rice and paper towel tubes.
- Have fun! Encourage your child to move and dance with the music! Don’t be afraid to move to the beat either!
- Learn and sing along to “It’s All About Music.” You can create your own dance moves!
- Ask your child what their favorite part of the episode was. Share your favorite part, too!
- If you play an instrument or sing, teach your child how to play or sing.
- Use musical vocabulary from the episode during family time. For example: At dinner, ask your child to tap their glass with their spoon when it is full, and again when it is empty. What’s different about the sounds?
- Complete an at-home activity that corresponds to the episode. How do the episode’s
musical concepts relate to their activity?